Author Topic: How to delete files with a specific extension from a project  (Read 2110 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
How to delete files with a specific extension from a project
« on: October 18, 2017, 01:42:21 PM »
I added a folder tree to a project. It is a Texas Instruments CCS project and has files with a ".d" extension. I want to remove all of these from the project. I can filter for them in the "Files" window but there is no right-click option to remove them from the project. Maybe the Project window can be sorted by extension and I just haven't figured out how to do it?

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: How to delete files with a specific extension from a project
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:29:39 PM »
Your fastest option is to directly edit the .vpj file in this case.

I am going to add a feature request for a right click option to remove files from the project to be added to the "Files" and "Open" tool windows (which both have wildcard filtering).

I'll also add a feature request to add wildcard filtering to the Project Properties window.

kurbylee@qq.com

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: How to delete files with a specific extension from a project
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 03:08:03 PM »
Five years later,I'm wait for this feature/function...... :'( ???

Your fastest option is to directly edit the .vpj file in this case.

I am going to add a feature request for a right click option to remove files from the project to be added to the "Files" and "Open" tool windows (which both have wildcard filtering).

I'll also add a feature request to add wildcard filtering to the Project Properties window.