Author Topic: Switch buffers in dark themes does not highlight current line enough  (Read 2331 times)

guth

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
I'm on Emacs key bindings, and when I want to change buffer I do C-X C-B (I think it is C-S-b in 'normal' key bindings). When using arrow keys to move to another buffer, the current line is only slightly highlighted. If selecting a line with the mouse, then the line becomes much more highlighted and if now moving by arrow keys the highlight color sticks. I'm using dark theme. I would like the brighter highlight color to be used even if only moving by arrow keys.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 530
Re: Switch buffers in dark themes does not highlight current line enough
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:37:18 PM »
You can configure the current line color.  Tools>Options>Appearance>Colors, "Current Line" is under Selections.

guth

• Hero Points: 7
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:46:56 AM »
Activate switch buffers and change to another buffer with arrow keys (or Ctrl-N and Ctrl-P also now work in Emacs emulation!). Now select one line with the mouse. The current line color changes. Switching by arrow key still works, but I noticed now that Ctrl-N changed to move to bottom buffer and Ctrl-P changed to move to top buffer. I would like the current selection color to always be the one when selecting by mouse even if only moving by keys.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »
You are referring to the inactive/unfocused highlight color. It does seem a little too dim. We should be able to tweak this for the next hotfix (TBA).

++rodney