Author Topic: v22 memory leak?  (Read 17812 times)

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: v22 memory leak?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 10:20:33 PM »
I found another memory leak today.  Between Patrick and myself, we have cleaned up quite a few for v23.  None of them were showstoppers, but hopefully v23 will run a bit more trim than v22 for you.  I would encourage you to participate in the beta for v23 when that time rolls around.  That's about all you can do for now.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 11:08:56 PM »

Code: [Select]
int minimap_on = 0;
_command void minimap_toggle () name_info(',') {
   if (minimap_on) {
       wfont_zoom('9');
       minimap_on = 0;
   }
   else {
      wfont_zoom('4');
      minimap_on = 1;
   }
}

Heads up. There will very likely be a minimap_toggle command on the view menu in v23. If you define a command with the same name (like above) the original minimap_toggle command will be replaced with yours. You should change the name of yours.

IkerAriz

• Hero Points: 6
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 02:18:57 PM »
Thanks again. Looking forward to the v23 beta.

Iker

P.S. Any chance v23 can include some cache and/or allocator diagnostics to help users provide more detailed reports for issues like these?

MKJ

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2019, 05:00:53 PM »
Don't waste your time trying to work with the VSE people to figure the memory leak out. It has been this way for YEARS (since v13), it wont be fixed. We spent many hours working with them, sending info and responding. It was all a waste of time. All I do is simple editing of files, have a couple small macros that I rarely use. It eats memory like crazy. Working on a 5MB file that was already saved, I hit save again and the memory allocation went up 50MB. I had to shut it down and restart today when it got up to 6.6 GB. Were it not for the fact that I have 100 people who have used it for years (some 15+) I would switch to something else.
So annoying that they don't care to figure this or, or CAN'T.   

guth

• Hero Points: 7
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2019, 06:40:05 PM »
V23 is much better in my experience. V21 or v22 increased slowly and I have also had instances using 6GB, but not anymore in v23.

SlickEdit Support

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 29
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
Hi MKJ,

I can assure you, if you're running into 6.6 GB memory leak, and it's simple editing of 5MB files, if you can provide a replicable sample there's likely no reason that we can't fix the issue.

We can't find any reports from you so if you could private message us a case number and the info from Help-->About SlickEdit-->Program Information tab-->Copy to Clipboard we'll get this fixed for you.

Thanks,
SlickEdit Support