Author Topic: Path not found when opening workspace  (Read 509 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 73
Path not found when opening workspace
« on: December 24, 2017, 03:41:52 pm »
Unzip attached project.

Inside SE, do Project->Open Workspace for the first time
Wait for all tagging messages to show up on status bar
Now do Project->Close Workspace
Now a 2nd time, do Project->Open Workspace
Observe message in status bar:

Path "...workingDirRp/prj/src" not found

I don't think this message should be shown in the status bar and it is a bug in SE.

To workaround this problem:

Project->Project Properties
Directories Tab
Working Directory

Entry in attached project is: %rp/../src
Change this to get rid of the %rp/, to be ../src

Now when opening the project will see instead:

Current directory is: .../workingDirRp/src

I believe that I should also see this same current directory message when using %rp/ in the working directory box.

Using %rp in the Working directory should not produce this error message. In my build commands, I have the "Run from dir:" set to "%rw" which is the working directory, and that works fine. But now I get this warning message upon opening my projects.

I am using 22.0.1 on windows with this error. I think I'm also seeing it in Linux x64 on my projects there too.

rowbearto

Re: Path not found when opening workspace
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 03:44:44 pm »
I think I've also seen this problem when using environent variables: %(EnvVarName) in the working dir box, so you may want to check that also.

rowbearto

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 08:47:27 pm »
SlickTeam: Are you able to reproduce this? I think you should be able to reproduce it very easily.

I think that variables such as %rp or environment variables in the "Working dir" of a project are not getting expanded when opening up a workspace and trying to chdir to the working directory.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 115
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:11:25 pm »
I can reproduce it with the example you posted.  I will need some time to investigate, from some of the changes I see in the source, it looks like the use of project vars (%rp) are no longer allowed.  I will have to track back to see why that changed, and possibly make some changes to disable them in the project properties.  As a workaround, you can set working directory to ../src, no (%rp).  The default starting point for the working directory is the project path so it is not needed in the setting.

rowbearto

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:15:23 pm »
Thanks.

Can you also check if environment variables are allowed? I have a project where I put "%(ROOT_PROJ)/directory" as my working directory, it is not relative to the project directory as I need to go from the root of the filesystem. This seems to also fail at startup, but not at build. It seems like you are not letting any % variables in here at startup, however it does work at build time.