Author Topic: java, maven, dependecies  (Read 377 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 129
  • Text
java, maven, dependecies
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:45:41 pm »
I've got a maven project open in Slick, but Slick isn't able to resolve many of the external classes.
The jar files are downloaded in ~/.m2/... by maven.

On the import lines, Slick complains "package X does not exist"
(Slick puts a red-x on these lines).

Then, everyplace where these classes used, more red-Xs of course, since Slick can't find them.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 107
Re: java, maven, dependecies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 03:13:18 pm »
I will take a look to see what is going on there, do you have an example you can share?  Have to create one or search for something in the meantime.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 129
  • Text
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:48:52 pm »
Sorry, I cannot share the code.
This is my first experience with Maven, or Slick integration on maven, so I don't even know how to debug the issue.

Is there some logging I can enable?
or settings to look at?
I noticed that the JavaOptions dialog isn't available for Maven projects like it is for normal Java projects - so there doesn't seem to be a way to set class path. Presumably, Maven manages classpath somehow and Slick should pick up on that, but in this case it isn't?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 107
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:35:19 pm »
The bad news is this appears to be a limitation in our Maven support.  Maven scripts handle all the project management, and our project wrappers shell out commands to mvn to handle builds.  I am not sure there is an easy way to make Java Live Errors work with the Maven framework, may be best to disable it for those projects.