Author Topic: Preventing the new Search and Replace GUI from running way from the mouse?  (Read 1450 times)

greggman

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
The new (new-ish?) tiny Search and Replace GUI apparently moves around either to try to be close to the result or to try not to hide the result. Unfortunately it makes it extremely frustrating to use with the mouse. I want to click Replace, Replace, Replace, Replace or Next, Next, Ntext but instead every time I click replace or next I have to go chase the GUI because it jumped from under my mouse pointer. Is there an option to make it stay put?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
It is done to avoid obscuring the current match line, and there is not an option for keeping the Mini Find from moving.  For larger files, it does attempt to scroll to center result below the Mini-Find rather than moving the form itself.  It is however problematic for small files that fit entirely within the editor control or when match is on the first few lines and are not able to scroll any further.  There is a key-binding for every control on the form to avoid using the mouse, the forward and back arrows for example are bound to the matching Find-Next and Find-Prev command.