Author Topic: C/C++ Context Tagging / Symbol Coloring issues v22.0.1.0  (Read 2028 times)

Taeguk

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
C/C++ Context Tagging / Symbol Coloring issues v22.0.1.0
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »
Anyone else seeing issues with context tagging and symbol coloring issues.
Attached are screen shots with a simple example, class FooBar with public member functions and a private static member variable. There are two issues:
1) public member function count() does not get any Symbol Color, SE acts as if it is a global function.

2) When the private static member variable mCount is defined in FooBar.cpp, it is colored and identified as a static global variable. When you comment out the definition in FooBar.cpp, SE will then correctly symbol color mCount as a private static member variable.

I have also seen some issues when trying to Go To Definition of an instantiated class public member function, where the may be several distinct different classes that has public member function with the same name. When Go To Definition, SE Context Tagging is confused, and will show all the various classes that has the same named public member function instead of going the the defined class public member function.

Just seems like Context Tagging is not quite working all the time.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: C/C++ Context Tagging / Symbol Coloring issues v22.0.1.0
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:02:20 PM »
1)  "count" is colored as a "Library" symbol in the C/C++ color coding configuration.  This is because it is a common symbol used in the STL.  You can delete it from the color coding configuration, then will be treated like any other identifier.

2) I will look into improving the algorithm for selecting the symbol rule in a future hot fix.

Taeguk

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: C/C++ Context Tagging / Symbol Coloring issues v22.0.1.0
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 06:31:44 PM »
Thanks Dennis!

I will take a look at the C/C++ color coding tokens.