Author Topic: Be able to specify the python interpreter per build configuration  (Read 2562 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
I frequently switch between running python2 and python3 scripts. I also have a few different system interpreters of each one depending on what I'm working on. In v24 SE the "Python Options" says the python interpreter affects all project and configurations - so I have to constantly go in there and change it. I'd rather not have to do that.

jwiede

• Hero Points: 12
Re: Be able to specify the python interpreter per build configuration
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
Agreed 100%.  Even within a given project there are times when you want to build against different versions of Python (f.e. when developing a module intended for both Py2 & Py3).  It'd be great if the project settings allowed us to configure multiple interpreter configurations, and then potentially build against one, some or even all of them, as part of validation/verification.  PyCharm and Komodo both support this to varying extents, and it would be useful if SE could as well.

jwiede

• Hero Points: 12
Re: Be able to specify the python interpreter per build configuration
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
Related to that, it would also be useful if SE were capable of understanding .venv-type configurations within a project in order to suss out the active interpreter, installed modules, dependencies, etc. for a given Python virtual env (where a project might involve multiple virtual envs).