Author Topic: 22.0.2.1 - clipboard contents overwritten without pressing Ctrl+C!  (Read 2342 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
In Linux x64, when using 22.0.2.1, in some cases when I double click on a word and highlight it, it is going into the clipboard even though I did not press Ctrl+C!

Example code below:
Code: [Select]
#ifdef SIMULATION
Double click on the "SIMULATION" above to highlight it, do NOT press CTRL+c, wait a few seconds, then press Ctrl+v and it is in the clipboard, overwriting what I had in the clipboard previously, now I have to go copy the original clipboard contents again!

If don't wait a few seconds after the double click, and do the paste quickly, sometimes the text does not make it into the clipboard.

rowbearto

Re: 22.0.2.1 - clipboard contents overwritten without pressing Ctrl+C!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:26:22 PM »
There seem to be many funky issues with copy/cut/paste now.

Sometimes I do a cut, later paste and instead of pasting what I just cut, I'm getting a paste of what was in the buffer earlier. It is intermittent issue. Maybe depends on how long its been since doing the cut. If do a quick cut/paste maybe? Still categorizing it, but very frustrating :(

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 01:39:11 PM »
Check the setting in Options > Editing > Selections > Mouse selection creates clipboard.  It may have been enabled, I am check config migrations to see if it may been something that could have caused that.

rowbearto

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 01:49:44 PM »
Yes, that option is checked. Just unchecked it, lets see how it goes today. Thanks.

Funny thing is that option was also checked in my old configuration as well. I do remember rarely having issues like this in 22.0.1, maybe that option was broken in older versions and is now working better in 22.0.2.1?

Even in 22.0.2.1, putting the mouse over was not always putting stuff into the clipboard even with this option checked, but was doing it more than I liked.

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 06:15:23 PM »
I have this issue as well.

For example, I 'cut' a structure to move it to a new location. After the cut, I see that I have an extra blank line so I delete it with Shift-Del. When I go to paste the structure, all I get is a new blank line, the one I deleted I guess. So, I open the Clipboard Window and delete the blank line entry, then I can paste my structure back in. It happens so often, that I now keep the Clipboard Window docked and hidden so I can clean it up when I need to paste in.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 07:01:06 PM »
shift-del is bound to "cut". You might prefer to bind it to "delete-selection" so no clipboard is created. delete-selection won't delete the current line when there is no-selection. Other than that, I think it's the same without the creating a clipboard.

There quite a few delete commands which create clipboards. It's easy to tell which is which because the ones that create clipboards have the word "cut" in them and the others have the word "delete" in them. shift-del is bound to "cut".

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 08:35:41 PM »
I changed the key binding of Shift-Del to delete-line. Works like I remembered.

I must have lost an old key mapping somehow along the way Upgrade\Uninstall\Re-Install whatever. Really, I don't even remember ever changing it early on but I must have.

FYI. delete-line does not require a selection first which is what I wanted.
Thanks.