Author Topic: Atmel Studio 7.0 sync with Slick Edit  (Read 8491 times)

at5dapa1

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 24
Atmel Studio 7.0 sync with Slick Edit
« on: February 18, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »
Had to play recently with Atmel Studio and even I liked its black theme I couldn't cope with mising basic preview feature like SE has ("Peek definition" is missing from AS 7.0) so had to revive an old sync macro, as AS is based on Visual Studio 2015.
The macro helps jumping quickly from AS to SE or inverse and is based on a dll originated few years ago by Gary Ash (files, instructions and full source code attached).
Note: the dll is compiled for Windows 64-bit, if 32-bit is needed the source code is attached, just open SEtoVS.sln, select Release/Win32 and Rebuild.

at5dapa1

Re: Atmel Studio 7.0 sync with Slick Edit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 12:20:24 PM »
Fixed a bug in SEtoVS.dll (CVSInterface::EnumWindowsProc from VSInterface.cpp) to correctly find Atmel Studio window: outputs are in win.x64.zip and sources in src.zip.
AddVSExternalTool.exe was recompiled with VS2010 resulting in smaller size.

Note: in case Slick Edit 32-bit is installed, use attached win.x32.zip which contains x32 versions.

at5dapa1

Re: Atmel Studio 7.0 sync with Slick Edit
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »
Added my_VS_StartWithoutDebugging. Ex: assign it to Ctrl+Alt+F5 so after the source is modified in SE, you can instruct AS to build and load the target without leaving SE.
Also added my_VS_BuildSolution, my_VS_StartDebuggingandBreak and my_VS_StartDebug (see source attached).