Author Topic: Horizontal scrolling in search results window  (Read 2095 times)

elmar

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Horizontal scrolling in search results window
« on: February 21, 2018, 08:29:56 AM »
Dear Slickedit team,
there is a little bothersome issue in the handling of horizontal scrolling within the search results window:
- let's assume I have performed a search that returns some long lines, and I have scrolled horizontally to the right
- now I am performing a new search that returns no results - or results with short lines
- as the horizontal scrollbar keeps the old position, nothing is visible in the search results window anymore. I have to scroll back to the left manually to see the results.
IMHO, the horizontal scrollbar should reset its position each time a new search is started.
Would be great if this could be improved in one of the upcoming fixes.

Best regards

Elmar

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Horizontal scrolling in search results window
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 04:51:35 PM »
What version are you using?  I am unable to reproduce this in the most recent release build of 22.0.2, I want make sure I am testing the same as what are you looking at.

elmar

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: Horizontal scrolling in search results window
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:53:25 AM »
Hmmm, looks like you are right - I cannot reproduce the issue with 22.0.2 anymore.
The PC where I had noticed this issue had an older version installed, definitely.
I will keep an eye on this topic and see whether I can reproduce it again in the next days, but it seems as it has already been solved.

Best regards

Elmar