Author Topic: How to get SE stop asking to reload a file that is written to by other process?  (Read 5998 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Thanks Dan, I think this will be useful.

How about when it comes time that I do want to "refresh" the file after previously choosing "Never Reload"?

In another post (https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,16019.0.html), I had requested a button or command to "refresh" a file. Does "file refresh" command already exist? If not can it be considered a feature request?

rgloden

• Hero Points: 5
There is "Refresh/Revert" under the file menu.  Not sure when Refresh is available but I often Revert after the file has been changed.

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
I've changed File->Revert/Refresh to be always enabled.
I had a hack for this, but Mike helped me out here with a better solution, see the attached.

rowbearto

Thanks for pointing this out jporkkahtc. Don't know why I never noticed the Refresh/revert option. This macro is very useful.

I wonder if I previously clicked on the new "Never Reload Selected", then do a manual reload with Reload/Refresh, will I then keep getting prompted again for "Reload Modified Files"?

On another note, now that Dan added the "Never Reload Selected", I wonder if there should also be another button on the "Reload Modified Files" window such as "Always Reload Selected without prompting", so that we can specify specific files that we always want loaded without a prompt, but we can still have other files that we are prompted to reload.

And a way to know which specific files we have designated for "Never Reload" or "Always Reload", so that we can get them out of that list (somehow) if we ever wanted to.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Thanks Dan, I think this will be useful.

How about when it comes time that I do want to "refresh" the file after previously choosing "Never Reload"?

In another post (https://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,16019.0.html), I had requested a button or command to "refresh" a file. Does "file refresh" command already exist? If not can it be considered a feature request?
The way it's implemented you would have to restart SlickEdit.

rowbearto

Clark: Wouldn't the "revert_or_refresh()" function be able to refresh after doing "Never reload"?

I have wrapped this into a custom macro so I can do it with the press of a key.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Good idea. Worked for me.