Author Topic: Double click a word does nothing. Should highlight the word.  (Read 15041 times)

majikpreto

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Double click a word does nothing. Should highlight the word.
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:33:55 PM »
This used to work, but hasn't for about 2 years now.
When I double click any word, I want that word highlighted.  SlickEdit does nothing.  When I change to another application, it works.  Any ideas?  I've searched all preferences and can't find anything.

Thanks,
Brian

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Double click a word does nothing. Should highlight the word.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:33:03 PM »
What platform are you running on?

majikpreto

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »
SlickEdit Core v4.3.2 for Eclipse
Library Version: 17.0.3.0 32-bit

Eclipse Standard/SDK
Version: Kepler Service Release 2

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 10:03:54 PM »
How about OS version?   Are you saying the selection doesn't show until you task switch and switch back to Eclipse?

majikpreto

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 04:36:27 PM »
Windows 7 Enterprise - Service Pack 1 - 64 bit

When I double click on any word, in any file in Eclipse with Slick Edit, that word does not highlight.  (i.e. I can't cut, or copy it without dragging my mouse from beginning to end of that word)  Every other application that I have highlights the word when I double click it.  It used to work in eclipse, but I think I updated the product once and it quit working.

(The word that I click is never selected using double click.  I have to select it by dragging the mouse over it)

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »
I would start by checking to make sure the by the mouse command is still bound to the correct mouse event.  Under SlickEdit Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Key Bindings, you can either search by command (mou-select-word) or by key sequence (use the mouse button to select mouse event LDoubleClick).  mou-select-word should be bound to LDoubleClick for the default mode. If it is not, then you'll need to re-bind the command.  The only other setting that might cause problems is if the Word chars setting for whatever language mode you are in is corrupted or invalid.  For example, the default Word Chars setting for Java mode  (SlickEdit Preferences > Languages > Application Languages > Java > General) the Word Chars setting is A-Za-z0-9_$.

The nuclear option would be delete your existing config file and restart with fresh default config to see if the issue resolves.  Configuration Directory would be listed in Help > About SlickEdit Core > Program Information tab.  You may want to back up your configuration directory rather than delete, or try Export/Import feature in SlickEdit Preferences, but the bad setting may be there on import.  Depends on how many modifications you have made to the default configuration.

majikpreto

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 11:35:42 PM »
Thanks Lee.  It worked!  I had to re-bind to LDoubleClick.