Author Topic: Two History Buttons on Standard Toolbar in SE 2017 v22.0.2.1 64-bit Windows  (Read 1977 times)

Allan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I just installed SE Pro 2017 v22.0.2.1 64-bit for Microsoft Windows and I have two "List Backup History for Current File" buttons sandwiched between the Save Current File and Print Current File buttons (See attached screen shot).  When I click on either button, it opens the same History Diff - Backup History window.  I currently have a Java workspace and project set up if that makes any difference.  Are there suppose to be two List Backup History buttons?

P.S. I have installed the hotfix_se2201_1_cumulative.zip.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 146
Did you just upgrade?  If so, from what version?

One of them isn't History Diff (with version control) is it?

Allan

• Community Member
Dan,
Yes, I upgraded from v22.0.0.9.  Before upgrading, I uninstalled v22.0.0.9 and installed v22.0.2.1 into the same directory. 

I'm using git.  Both History Diff windows show versions.  How do I tell if one is with version control?   I've looked through help and the User Guide, but haven't been able to find info on this.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 146
If it were History Diff, you would see versions from git instead of Backup History.

Allan

• Community Member
Dan,
No, the two buttons are displaying History Diff.  I've attached screen shots of the windows displayed when I click on the History Diff buttons (HistoryDiffButtonOne.jpg and HistoryDiffButtonTwo.jpg) as well as the window displayed when I click on Tools | Version Control | History for Percolation.java (gitHistory.jpg).

HTH

Allan

• Community Member
I'm not sure how I got rid of my two history buttons, but after uninstalling SE 2017 v22.0.2.1 and installing SE 2017 v22.0.0.9 I ran into problems with SE Help not displaying [See my post re Help not displaying].  Apparently, the help issue is a known issue and Clark recommended deleting the files under c:\users\<user name>\ AppData\Local\assistant.  After doing this and discovering that SE 2017 v22.0.0.9 does not support JUnit 5 (at least I couldn't get it to work.  See note below) I installed SE 2017 v22.0.2.1 and lo and behold I only have one History button.

I'm guessing that the two History buttons had something to do with the files under the assistant directory?  Or it might be the c:\users\<user name>\Documents\My SlickEdit Config because I backed up and deleted all of the subdirectories under this directory.

NOTE: I'm a Java newbie and the error I got had something to do with org.junit.runner.JUnitCore which I gather is something used by JUnit4 and not JUnit 5 since JUnit 5 has been reorganized into different modules.