Author Topic: No Help Displayed in SE Pro 2017 (v22.0.0.9 64-bit) Win  (Read 1923 times)

Allan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
No Help Displayed in SE Pro 2017 (v22.0.0.9 64-bit) Win
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:49:29 PM »
After installing SE Pro 2017 v22.0.2.1 and experiencing strange behavior, I uninstalled it and installed SE Pro 2017 v22.0.0.9.  Now, when I click on the Help menu, nothing is displayed.  The Contents and Index are blank.  If I try to perform a search for "JUnit" nothing is found.  It appears that help has not been installed.  If I click on the Help menu and then click on "Quick Start", I get the following error message:  "The page could not be found." and below it is this url: 'qthelp://com.trolltech.examples.simpletextviewer//../doc/ch02.htm'.

I had Qt 5.10 installed, but I uninstalled it yesterday.  I clicked on the SlickEdit msi and selected repair, but I'm still having this problem.

Anyone else have this problem?  Were you able to solve it?  If so, what do you do?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: No Help Displayed in SE Pro 2017 (v22.0.0.9 64-bit) Win
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »
This a known issue with a known work around. The bug seems to be a random Qt Help system cache problem where the Qt Help cache gets corrupt. We have not be able to come up with any consistent way to reproduce this which would allow us to at least try to track this down. It can happen on any platform.

The work around is to delete the Qt help cache directory:

c:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\assistant

Allan

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: No Help Displayed in SE Pro 2017 (v22.0.0.9 64-bit) Win
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 11:05:17 PM »
Thanks Clark, that worked.

I had several directories under the assistant directory from past SlickEdit versions.  After backing up the directory for the most recent SE version and deleting just it my problem remained.  However, after deleting the remaining directories, help is now operational again.  Hurray!!!

HTH someone else.