Author Topic: Can't copy to system clipboard using keyboard on Linux  (Read 1662 times)

madbrain

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Can't copy to system clipboard using keyboard on Linux
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:29:07 AM »
I'm using VSE 2017 64-bit on a Linux desktop, with CUA emulation.

When I highlight something with the keyboard, pressing and holding the SHIFT key on the first letter, then END on the last letter, then press CTRL-C, the data is not copied to the system clipboard. If I switch to a gnome terminal, then type SHIFT-INSERT, nothing is pasted.
If I go back to slickedit and type SHIFT-INSERT, the data is pasted into the VSE document.

If I do the highlighting in VSE with the mouse instead of the keyboard, it works - without typing CTRL-C. But I don't want to use the mouse for this. I have explored the various options settings in SlickEdit, and have not found a relevant one that fixes the problem.

I'm doing this type of copy/paste very often and really need the clipboard to work between applications, not just inside slickedit. This is probably a FAQ, but my googling has come up empty (or rather, came up with way too much stuff that was not relevant).

What is the workaround ?

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Can't copy to system clipboard using keyboard on Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:20:02 AM »
Has it ever worked for you?
Did you see this thread
https://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=776.0
You could try reloading clipbd.e from the slickedit installation macros folder  - or possibly close slickedit, rename vslick.stu (as a backup) then start slickedit.