Author Topic: Selected "Search for:" highlight almost invisible  (Read 1639 times)

rpw

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Selected "Search for:" highlight almost invisible
« on: April 27, 2018, 10:53:19 PM »
I upgraded from SlickEdit Pro 2015 (v20.0.1.3 64-bit) to SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.2.1 64-bit) and now when I select  the text in the "Search for:" edit box of the "Find and Replace" dialog box, the highlight is a very light yellow background color and I can't easily tell that the text is selected.  Is this a known issue?  How do I fix it?  I can still use SE Pro 2015 and it's highlight is a medium-dark green that looks just fine.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 09:08:03 PM by rpw »

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Selected "Search for:" highlight almost invisible
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 11:41:14 PM »
I'm not following exactly what you're doing but in tools -> options -> appearance -> Colors, scroll down to the "Highlighting" section and try changing something.

rpw

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Selected "Search for:" highlight almost invisible
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 04:10:17 PM »
tools -> options -> appearance -> Colors allows you to change the highlight in the edit window of the file you are editing.  I need to change the highlighting in a Visual SlickEdit dialog box edit control.  I suspect I need to play with the XWindow themes and resource settings.  I'm not sure why this changed between the two versions of SlickEdit.

Update:  I played around with the XWindow themes and colors.  Other applications, like Gimp, responded to the change in edit control highlight colors, but Visual SlickEdit did not.  Apparently, this part of of SlickEdit is not configurable. (Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS, MATE)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:23:20 PM by rpw »