Author Topic: Search: Place Cursor at End not working (v22.0.2.1)  (Read 1842 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Search: Place Cursor at End not working (v22.0.2.1)
« on: April 30, 2018, 06:06:18 PM »
I turned on Options->Search->Place Cursor at End. However, when I search, the cursor is still at the beginning of the selection.

Perhaps there is some other configuration flag that needs to be turned on\off as well for this to work?

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Search: Place Cursor at End not working (v22.0.2.1)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 06:32:32 PM »
It depends.  In Mini-Find, that setting isn't actually there, so it does not apply.  It is available in Tool Find and for most command-line searches.  There are cases where it is forced to end of match (quick-search, i-search), there are historical and functional reasons why they are that way.  In the case of Mini-Find, I recall there being functional reasons why it caused issues that it wasn't available, I'll have to revisit it at some point.

JimmieC

• Hero Points: 17
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 06:43:33 PM »
Hi Lee,
Here is some more information about that.

I am not using the mini-find tool. I keep the Find and Replace window docked on the left side.

I was performing Find (not Find in Files) for "^\o:b+\o:a+_\o:a+\(" without quotes. I tried turning "Leave Selected" off but the behavior is the same.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
There is an explicit setting in the Tool Find for Place cursor at end, is it enabled there?  What other settings are enabled, List all occurrences?  For listed searches, the option is not available there either.  I'll have to double-check to see if some other setting may affect or override Place at end.