Author Topic: Scrolling edit window, left margin behaviour.  (Read 4003 times)

chriss

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Scrolling edit window, left margin behaviour.
« on: May 08, 2018, 09:59:30 AM »
I scroll lots of documents in the edit window. Frequently the text scrolls left off the window even for lines where the right margin does not extend beyond the window. Any chance of preventing this behaviour. I cannot find a configuration item for this. This is just an annoyance.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Scrolling edit window, left margin behaviour.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »
What version of slickedit and what operating system are you using?  How often do you get this problem?  Does it happen with all your files?  What kind of source files are they?

Can you post a document that has the problem and describe the exact steps to reproduce the horizontal scrolling? e.g. put the cursor on line x; go to the end of the line; etc.

chriss

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
My apologies. Perhaps my description is not clear. This behaviour has always been present for all versions and all file types. Anyway, I am on OS/X High Sierra (10.13.4). The version of slickedit is Slickedit Pro 2017 ( v22.0.2.1).
Briefly, I am vertically scrolling the edit window but the left display of the file wanders off under the left boundary of the window for a few characters, perhaps more. I attach a screen shot. NB I am using a Magic Trackpad 2 not a mouse.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Have you seen this
http://macdrug.com/disable-and-enable-horizontal-scrolling-on-magic-mouse-how/

Have you tried turning off the horizontal scrollbar in slickedit?
[edit - looks like you don't have a hz scrollbar].
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 12:35:11 PM by Graeme »