Author Topic: How to set the header file for a new compiler configuration  (Read 1947 times)

rjpontefract

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 10
How to set the header file for a new compiler configuration
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:01 AM »
Hi

I'm running VS2017 and the VS2018 beta on MacOS X and I'm having problems setting the header file for a new compiler.  I'm trying to add GNU C++ 8 installed in /usr/local by homebrew and I am unable to set the header file to:

/Applications/SlickEditPro2017.app/Contents/plugins/com_slickedit.base.zip/com_slickedit.base/sysconfig/vsparser/g++-macos.h

Which I copied and modified from the Clang configuration.  I checked the zip file and g++-macos.h does exist in that file.  When I click OK on the dialog, no errors are raised, but when I go back to edit the compiler configuration, I find that the header file has been truncated to:

/Applications/SlickEditPro2017.app/Contents/

Am I doing this wrong, or should I be able to use the g++-macos.h file in the zip as the header file?

I get the same result in VS2018 (using the path to SlickEditPro2018.app).

Cheers
Rick

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
Re: How to set the header file for a new compiler configuration
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 02:52:31 PM »
The header file is only used by the old C++ refactoring, which will not work with GNU C++ 8, so you could just leave it blank.

I'll look into the path issue.

Dennis

• Hero Points: 517
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 04:50:05 PM »
The path editing problem will be fixed in the next beta for v23.

rjpontefract

• Hero Points: 10
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 08:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the information and it's good to hear a fix is on the way for the path problem.