Author Topic: Tabs Dissapearing  (Read 1492 times)

indy042

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Tabs Dissapearing
« on: May 16, 2018, 10:22:10 PM »
Good afternoon,
I am suddenly having an issue that is driving me nuts. I used to be able to open as many tabs in SE that I needed. I do a lot with text files etc and having multiple tabs to move around in is essential. Lately, the tabs are just disappearing. They are there then poof. I suddenly can only have one tab open and any others disappear. I have tried tile adjustment under the Window header and that worked for a time, but now it is just greyed out. Is there some setting that needs to get cleared out occasionally or so?
any help is greatly appreciated!
-Andy
--Edit... I found the File Tabs tool bar which helps some. In the attached file, the move manufacturer map.sql is the tab and if I had a second window open (maps.sql) it would show as a second tab.

Running Slick Edit Standard V21.0.3.0 64bit
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:32:36 PM by indy042 »

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Tabs Dissapearing
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 12:48:05 PM »
With V22, if I execute the "one window" command in the Window menu, I get left with one tab only, like you.  I'm not sure that's supposed to be happening because I still have several buffers open.  Do you use the "Files" toolbar at all  - are all your open buffers listed on the buffers tab?  If so, try selecting several of them and hit return  - you might see a bunch of file tabs appear in the main window.

How long had you been using slickedit for before this problem turned up?