Author Topic: Ordering of icons in the taskbar to match editor location  (Read 2182 times)

JimmieC

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 17
Ordering of icons in the taskbar to match editor location
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:43:06 PM »
I work with multiple monitors and sometimes have 2 sessions of SE going with one session on each screen. But, I am also working with a bunch of other applications (CodeWarrior, several PDF's, XP VM, browser, etc.). When I restore SE from the taskbar, the icon on left is often for the SE session on the right monitor and vice-versa. It would be nice for the icons to represent the left-to-right screen location.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Ordering of icons in the taskbar to match editor location
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 12:03:43 AM »
Try this
https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/03/make-the-most-of-your-multiple-monitors-in-windows/

<quote>
Shift+Win+Left/Right arrows: Move the window to the monitor on the left or right.

<quote>
Right-click on the taskbar, head to Properties, and check the "Show Taskbar on All Displays" box. From there, you can tweak it to your liking — showing taskbar buttons on all taskbars, or only the monitor where the window is open. Note that if you're still on Windows 7, you can get this feature with DisplayFusion as described in the next section.