Author Topic: corrupted character in japanese  (Read 813 times)

kkarino

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 21
  • Hero Points: 2
corrupted character in japanese
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:24:09 am »
Japanese characters are partially broken and displayed.
======================================
SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.2.1 64-bit)

Serial number:
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\22\slickedit.lic

Build Date: July 12, 2018
Emulation: Vim

OS: Windows 10 x64
OS Version: 10.00.0 
Memory: 70% Load, 5763MB/8191MB Physical, 19812MB/23064MB Page File, 476MB/134217727MB Virtual
Shell Information: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 2560 x 1080, 2560 x 1440

Project Type: Single file project - Other
Language: .txt (txt)
Encoding: Automatic

Installation Directory: D:\SlickEdit Pro 22.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,35076MB free)
Configuration Directory: L:\Test_SlickEdit\temp_Config2\22.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,41349MB free)

Hotfixes:
L:\Test_SlickEdit\temp_Config2\22.0.2\hotfixes\hotfix_se2202_11_cumulative.zip (Revision: 11)



Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4892
  • Hero Points: 397
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 03:48:26 pm »
No Japanese characters are displayed after I import your settings. Attached is the picture. This is correct operation due that fact that it's been disabled. The "Use fixed spacing for bold and italic fixed Unicode fonts" option disables all unicode support. Definitely don't use this option. You'll need to check the "Fixed Fonts Only" check box to enable this check box.  Tools>Options>Appearance>Fonts.

Once I turned this setting off, then all the Japanese characters displayed fine for me. Attached is a picture. Judging from your picture, your settings are different than what you've posted.

kkarino

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 21
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
Re posted Option file with setting capture.
My Font Setting : MS-Gothic.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4892
  • Hero Points: 397
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:20:45 pm »
I got all question marks because I'm in a different active code page. I'll try 932 which is Japanese.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4892
  • Hero Points: 397
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 10:39:32 pm »
Reproduced when I'm using codepage 932. Seems to only happen with DBCS (active code page is DBCS) and not Unicode. However, with the option you're using, there's no such thing as pure Unicode display anymore.

If you turn off the "Use fixed spacing for bold and italic fixed Unicode fonts" and restart, the test_UTF-8.txt file will display correctly. However, the other file will still not work.

We will look into this.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4892
  • Hero Points: 397
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:48:46 pm »
Thanks for the nice test cases. Easy to fix. We'll build a replacement vsapi.dll and get it to you this week.

kkarino

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 21
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 05:33:06 am »
Thank you Clark.

> If you turn off the "Use fixed spacing for bold and italic fixed Unicode fonts" and restart, the test_UTF-8.txt file will display correctly. However, the other file will still not work.

Yes, The Unicode file is now correct with this setting.


SlickEdit Support

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 290
  • Hero Points: 26
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:13:45 am »
PM sent.

SlickEdit Support

kkarino

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 21
  • Hero Points: 2
Re: corrupted character in japanese
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:00 am »
Thank you, Clark.
All have been fixed.