Author Topic: Search Wrapping not tied to "wrap at beginning/end" option setting  (Read 1881 times)

jmbraben

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Confused because I have the wrapping option set to "on" in both my Linux machine and my Windows machine...my Windows machine "wraps", my Linux machine does not.
While trying to debug this, I have tried various wrap settings in both machines and the setting seems to have no impact.
Running SlickEdit Pro 2017 (v22.0.2.1 64-bit) on both machines.
The only way I have been able to impact the wrap behavior is by deleting the vrestore.slk on the windows machine (wrapping stops), undelete the prior vrestore.slk (wrapping works).
The user.cfg.xml changes when I change the option wrap dialog settings (<search_flags v="0x401"/>), but seems to do nothing. ???

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: Search Wrapping not tied to "wrap at beginning/end" option setting
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:27:58 PM »
What emulation are you using?  And is this with the Mini-Find or Find & Replace tool window or other command-line search command?  Both the Mini-Find and tool window restore the wrap state based on previous setting for the form by default.  If you make changes to default search options in Tools > Options > Editing > Search, it won't modify existing form settings or history unless you also use the the option to Initialize with defaults set to true.

jmbraben

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Search Wrapping not tied to "wrap at beginning/end" option setting
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »
Wow...I recently upgraded from v12.x (been a while), and the options were similar there also...I never noticed the configuration was for "default" search options and that there was a "initialize with defaults" (which I never had set). On v12, there was no mini-find so I always saw the form dialog (and its wrap selection).
Anyhow, makes sense now...silly question though "why not gray out" these default search options if the "initialize with defaults" is "off"...they "do nothing" except confuse people like me ;D if "initialize with defaults" is "off"...correct?
Thanks