Author Topic: Comment coloring confusion  (Read 427 times)

b

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
Comment coloring confusion
« on: July 30, 2018, 04:00:23 pm »
I saw this last week, but I have not been able to find a solution in the coloring.
(Let me know if this is the same bug that was already discussed for the Unix Assembly)

Microchip's MIPS assembler allows usage of the '#' for preprocessing, but also for comments.   I suspect this is confusing SE.   Lines that do not have code, color as line comments, as is expected.  But if such a comment follows code, it does not.   I've retooled the previously submitted source/workspace to demonstrate.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 379
Re: Comment coloring confusion
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 04:34:37 pm »
I'm guessing the color coding profile needs to be tweaked.

The current color coding profile requires the # comment be the first-non-blank in the line. Turning that option off allows the # to be a line comment anywhere (as long as it's not matched as preprocessing).

I did some quick looks ups. Does there have to be a space after the # for it to be a line comment or just not match a preprocessing keyword.

I also noticed that this color coding profile needs to support 0xHHHH hexadecimal.

b

• Hero Points: 25
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 04:23:27 pm »
I do not know of any restriction of a space after the hash to be considered a comment. 

Where is this is this option you speak of?

[edit]
Found the option.  Need to poke around more in there.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:26:39 pm by b »

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 379
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 06:26:22 pm »
We will update this color coding definition.