Author Topic: B1: Gradle project: Generating wrapper returns error  (Read 331 times)

Marcel

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 25
B1: Gradle project: Generating wrapper returns error
« on: August 07, 2018, 12:59:13 pm »
With the "generate wrapper" option checked, SE grinds along for awhile, then returns with this Gradle launch error. I was trying to find a log to get some details but could not find one.
Without the option, the project hierarchy builds.  Gradle 4.8.1.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 92
Re: B1: Gradle project: Generating wrapper returns error
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
The output from that command is supposed to go to the output tool window, docked at the bottom with the build window.  But there is a problem I've fixed since the first beta that could have prevented that from being redirected there.

I'm using 4.8 and earlier right now, so I'll bump up to 4.8.1 and see if I can reproduce it.  Thanks for the report.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 92
Re: B1: Gradle project: Generating wrapper returns error
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 10:03:18 pm »
I couldn't reproduce it.  I have fixed up a couple of problems with the gradle command handling, and revamped it so the output from gradle is always sent to the Output toolbar when importing/creating/modifying projects.  So if my fixes didn't catch the problem, we'll have a full log at least of what went wrong for the next beta drop.

I'll also be adding more feedback so it's more obvious it's not locked up when it's grinding along in the gradle wizard.