Author Topic: Message List not populated after build in beta1  (Read 1733 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Message List not populated after build in beta1
« on: August 16, 2018, 09:12:04 PM »
I uploaded buildmsg.tar.gz to support.

Open the buildmsg.vpw workspace and do a build.

Notice that the "Message List" tab is not populated with the warnings/infos.

Need to do this in linux

rowbearto

Re: Message List not populated after build in beta1
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 03:28:10 PM »
I still see this issue with beta2

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 08:30:30 PM »
It appears to be working as designed.  What is happening is that one of the error regular expressions is generating a lot of false positives for the output given.  There is an upper limit for message list processing (def_build_messages_limit), and it's cancels all messages and stops counting them.  In Configure Error Parsing configuration, disable the NJikes regex under the Java Category, it seems to the issue here.

rowbearto

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 08:39:04 PM »
Thanks for taking a look. With a clean config and beta2 I just tried disabling NJikes regex but still don't see anything in the message list. I then tried disabling all Java and still don't see anything in the message list.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:16:41 PM »
There is a limitation on the Message list where the file returned from the error parse expression must exist in the project or at location specified in the output (absolute or current build path).  If it fails to find a matching filename, it doesn't show up in the list.  I didn't think about that from the test you sent since it did not include any of the files from the output.  I created a couple of mock files at some of the absolute locations from your sample and they did show up in the message list after trying again. 

It is debatable whether or not message list should show everything error parsing found.  In this example, the build output is very noisy and 350k+ lines, and not sure if showing false positives is useful in that situation.