Author Topic: B2: <end> doesn't work in brief buffer window  (Read 1872 times)

jc44

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 22
B2: <end> doesn't work in brief buffer window
« on: August 22, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
<end> and <home> don't work in the buffer window (Alt-B in brief emulation). <up>, <down>, <pg-up>, <pg-down> all do so <home> and <end> not working seems odd.

Thanks

John Cox

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: B2: <end> doesn't work in brief buffer window
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 07:23:04 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something. When the textbox has focus, Home/End operate on the text box and not the list like it's does in all emulations. When the list has focus, Home/End goes to the top and bottom of the list.

Seems like we should add Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End support since that's not ambiguous if the textbox has focus.

jc44

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:01 AM »
No you aren't missing anything and ctrl-home/end already work. As it happens I never use the filter in that dialog so I didn't even think that they might affect that.  So I guess the current behaviour is fair enough.  However I will contrast the behaviour with the Open dialog (Brief Alt-E) where home and & end do what I expect.  Yes - I accept that all the behaviours make sense now I think about it, but I sort of use Alt-E & Alt-B interchangeably to select documents so I am easily confused by differences in behaviour within those boxes.

So in summary - user error

Thanks

John Cox

jc44

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 10:57:57 AM »
Just ignore my previous remark about Alt-B & Alt-E working differently - I appear to be very confused. I could have sworn I tested my statement prior to making it, but it doesn't work like that now (and I guess it never did).

Sorry for wasting your time

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 12:46:13 PM »
No problem. I could have sworn Ctrl+Home/Ctrl+End didn't work when I checked it. Works fine now.