Author Topic: run slick with no buffers open and the .command buffer gets opened  (Read 2768 times)

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
run slick with no buffers open and the .command buffer gets opened
« on: September 29, 2018, 12:43:38 AM »
Run slick with no buffers and the .command buffer gets opened.
I can reproduce this but it might be unique to me.
Thanks for save-named-state etc.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: run slick with no buffers open and the .command buffer gets opened
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 01:37:23 PM »
We will need help to reproduce this for sure.

There was an issue with downloading beta 5 for 64-bit linux. Should work now.

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 10:40:21 PM »
Here's a link to the config that does it but I strongly recommend you don't spend any time on it, at least until I have some repro steps.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BhOkMpXq_SuXu2GoE7RvafuIQdv5ppL5

Graeme

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »
I've tried to create repro steps for this problem but haven't been able to.  I did discover a problem with importing options though.  I have mini-map turned off for all languages - if I export all options then import them into a new empty config, the minimap option in "all languages" gets turned on when it should be off.
The config folder at the link above still gives me the .command issue when I start slick with no buffers open.  It also still exhibits the issue I reported last year regarding slick jumping to the start of a buffer when I start slickedit.  Neither of these are problems - just letting you know.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 12:29:27 PM »
Fixed exporting/importing of Show minimap setting for beta 6

I wasn't able to figure out why the .command buffer gets opened. It seems to have something to do with your macro changes. I was hoping I could reduce them down (only load some) but I got nowhere. You probably have a better understanding of your macros. I suspect it's a definit(), defload(), auto-restore hook, or some callback.

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 08:08:59 PM »
I've found if I close slick and delete vslick.sta then restart slick, the problem still happens so I'll try with some of my macros unloaded.  I suspect the GFileman macro as it shows ".command" as the active buffer when there are no buffers open  - but yesterday when I tried to get repro steps I was unable to make it happen.

Graeme

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
Fixed exporting/importing of Show minimap setting for beta 6

I wasn't able to figure out why the .command buffer gets opened. It seems to have something to do with your macro changes. I was hoping I could reduce them down (only load some) but I got nowhere. You probably have a better understanding of your macros. I suspect it's a definit(), defload(), auto-restore hook, or some callback.

You're correct - thanks :)  My xtemp-file-manager module is doing it in xtemp-list-maintain-callback.  I'll figure out why tomorrow.