Author Topic: Select function after search changed  (Read 2023 times)

curtiswren

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Select function after search changed
« on: September 17, 2018, 07:29:28 PM »
In v23.0.0.5 64-bit linux, if I search for a string and it finds and selects the string, then if I hit Ctrl-Left arrow to select the previous word, it doesn't unselect the word it just found like it has in previous versions, it extends the selection left.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Select function after search changed
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:21:09 PM »
Please post your user.cfg.xml

curtiswren

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:09:08 PM »
I've attached user.cfg.xml

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 05:36:36 PM »
After search selects a word, when I hit Ctrl+Left with your config it deselects the selected word and moves the cursor to the previous word (nothing ends up selected). What's the trick?

curtiswren

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:31:32 PM »
My mistake, I meant to say Ctrl-Shift-Left.  Let me give you the exact steps I do.
Create a new file and type in a single line:

abc def ghi

Hit Ctrl-f.  This brings up mini search dialog.  Type "def" followed by enter.  At this point def is highlighted.  Then hit Shift-Ctrl-Left.  Now 'abc def' is highlighted.  In previous versions, only abc would be highlighted.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 07:09:23 PM »
This is a bug fix.

When a character selection is created, the cursor is supposed to be on one side of the selection the pivot point MUST be on the other side of the selection to be a standard selection. The previous bug was that the pivot and the cursor were on the same side which is wacky and not surprisingly causes problems.

I do see one problem though, you should be able to configure the mini find to place the cursor at the end and the pivot at the beginning. However, that option is currently only available in the big find tool window. We will try to add support for that to the mini-find since it really should be there. If you used an option to place the cursor at the end, you could hit Ctrl+Shift+Left twice to get what you want.