Author Topic: add a quick filter in Project Properties Files?  (Read 2061 times)

at5dapa1

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 24
add a quick filter in Project Properties Files?
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:21:57 AM »
It would be nice to have a quick search field in this dialog (Project Properties, Files tab) so that I can quickly find files I want to remove from project.

Usually I create a separate projects for Compiler, SDK, RTOS, etc files to help tagging. And I do it by selecting all the "*.h*;*.c*" files from the root of the needed folders. But then I have to remove many "examples", many "boards", many different drivers not applicable to my project. This is why would be nice to have a quick way how find those...

Maybe there is another way to achieve this for example when creating the helper projects, but often I don't know before hand what I want to remove.

Maybe another related way would be to have a "Remove file from project" in context menu, but this might be slower as require opening each unneeded file.

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Re: add a quick filter in Project Properties Files?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:13:31 PM »
A quick search field can be nice, however I can think of 2 existing ways where you can solve this problem.

One way is to use this macro: https://github.com/rbresalier/sync_project_with_scm
Using it you can specify wildcard patterns to include and exclude in a .ini file and then run the 'ssync' macro to update your project with all the files. This is what I use to exclude specific subdirectories in my directory tree. It is also useful for updating the project file list when other users change it.

Another way is in the Project Properties/Add Tree, you can specify Exclude filespecs as wildcards. This is not my preferred method because I have a large source tree over network drives and since the file names don't get saved to the project, each time I open the project it can take SE some time to scan the directory structure.