Author Topic: undo keyboard shortcut doesn't work with mini replace open  (Read 2521 times)

tim_k

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
undo keyboard shortcut doesn't work with mini replace open
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:52:54 PM »
With the mini replace dialog open, the keyboard shortcut for undo (presumably others, though I haven't tested) doesn't work. The menu selection via mouse does. This is not new to Beta6, but finally got annoying enough to report.

-Tim

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: undo keyboard shortcut doesn't work with mini replace open
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:23:25 PM »
Are you talking about the find and replace text fields in the Mini form or are you refering to editor buffer the mini find is docked?  Is it sporadic or all the time?  Not seeing anything in obviously wrong testing CUA on Windows or Linux builds.  Which emulation are you using?

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 02:11:41 PM »
I'm referring to the editor buffer in which the mini find is docked. Say I'm stepping through replacing some instances, and not others and decide I changed one I shouldn't have, ^-Z (or command-Z on Mac) doesn't do anything. If i go to the edit menu and select undo, it has the intended behavior - undoes the last replace. I've tried it in CUA emulation on Mac & Linux, and Mac on Mac, all the same behavior.

If I click in the editor window, then ^-Z works, but then the mini find has lost focus, so I have to click back into it before I can continue with replacing things.

^-Z works in the mini find to undo typing, but once the first replace is done, it does nothing in either editor or mini find windows.

-Tim

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
I'll double-check this on Mac later, but I think this it really depends on where the focus really is.   If the focus is in the Mini-Find, then the undo binding isn't going to do anything unless it is specifically focused in on the find or replace text fields.  If you specifically switch focus to the editor control without dismissing the Mini-find I would expect it to just work.

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »
I guess undo is a reflex - when I see I've done something I didn't want to, I hit undo. It feels like this should work with the mini find open -  my last action was replace - I decided I didn't want that replace, so undo should undo the replace. Regardless of which window has focus, the action took place in the editor, so that's where the undo should happen. The way it is now where it does nothing, feels broken.

For me it behaves the same way on the Mac or Linux.

-Tim