Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit 2018 v23 Beta Discussion

B6: Syntax expansion & tabs

<< < (2/3) > >>

jc44:
"Beautify while typing" is off (or at least it isn't ticked in the Document drop down menu) and should be off by default.

A further point of interest is that the #define is indented with a hard tab (you should just be able to see that in the screenshot) but everything else is getting spaces though I imagine that this is just a repeat of my original bug?

Clark:
Do you have "Beautify alias expansions" on? That's actually the problem (Tools>Options>Languages>Application Languages>C/C++>General).

jc44:
It's a fair cop! Yes, I have "Beautify syntax expansions" and "Beautify alias expansions" on. I had forgotten their existence.

jc44:
There are still issues in RC2 (sorry). Once again if0 is before I type space and if1 is after.  This happened in RC1 too but I sort of hoped it was part of one of the bugs you were already fixing.  The problem is caused by the "#if VLC_VER_3"; the problem goes away if I replace it with a "#if 0".  The issue is actually quite annoying as it applies to all code in the source file after this point (code before is OK).

patrick:
In a nice instance of serendipity, I made a fix for this from a related java report on the forums.  This will either be in the next build or the first hotfix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version