Author Topic: Double-cilck in tools->search results page doesn't work - RC1  (Read 3000 times)

tim_k

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
In the tools dialog, search a term. Scroll to the bottom to 'search results' click on it, then double-click on one of the results. It should jump to that options page, but does not. Nothing happens. I just noticed it in RC1 on Mac, but it does the same thing on Beta4 Linux.

-Tim.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: Double-cilck in tools->search results page doesn't work - RC1
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 06:58:22 PM »
Are you using the Options dialog? I tried searching for various terms and double clicking in the search results and it works for me. What search term are you typing and what result item are you double clicking on?

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 07:18:12 PM »
Yes, the options dialog:

Tools menu -> Options...
Enter 'alias' in the search field, then press return. Once the list populates, scroll to the bottom and select "Search Results" Once the results list populates, double-click on any of the displayed items. Nothing happens. I tried a sampling of many of the results and none worked.

I tried a different search term - 'complete' and some of the results I tried will go to the page when double-clicked (Auto-complete, Auto-complete options, Auto-completion), others will not (Auto-list compatible values, alias expansion, Auto-list members, Completion choice, Current class, Syntax expansion, Tab cycles through choices).

Oh, and the linux version is Beta5, not Beta4.

-Tim

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 08:37:58 PM »
I'm guessing this is a very old bug. Nothing under "Languages >" works when you double click.

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
I guess it is old. I just tried v22.0.2 on the Mac and it does the same thing.

-Tim

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »
I suspect this bug has been there since the Options dialog was added. I thought all entries under Languages> didn't work but I was wrong. The problem is different than that. There are some potential extra nestings at the end which need to be ignored but the code was broken. The extra nestings give more information to the user but break the double click.

Fixed for RC2

tim_k

• -Tim
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 03:01:40 AM »
Cool.

-Tim