Author Topic: unable to open a menu in the menu designer  (Read 457 times)

Graeme

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 2345
  • Hero Points: 307
unable to open a menu in the menu designer
« on: October 16, 2018, 11:56:38 am »
I tried opening a menu via macro -> Menus and I got an error dialog  - no matter which menu I tried to open.  It said
Unable to temp menu
Error code out of range: 2113339392

Using 23.0.0.8 on Win 10.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4819
  • Hero Points: 392
Re: unable to open a menu in the menu designer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:38:16 pm »
I suspect you might be running out of string space for menus. I know it's getting close. When I force it to happen I get an out of memory error though. All I have to do is make two copies of the MDI menu (_mdi_menu).

Starting from a clean config, what needs to be done to reproduce this.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4819
  • Hero Points: 392
Re: unable to open a menu in the menu designer
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 12:57:12 pm »
I may have done something dumb. I might have used "open-form" to open a menu which gives the message "Not enough memory". I just created 4 copies of the MDI menu without a problem.

Graeme

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 2345
  • Hero Points: 307
Re: unable to open a menu in the menu designer
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 01:10:29 pm »
I started a clean config, escape out of quick setup and loaded half of my macro files - I got the error but with a different error number.

Load the LoadMyMacros.e file from the my-macros folder, then run LoadMyModules command and stop when it gets to wstack.e

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4819
  • Hero Points: 392
Re: unable to open a menu in the menu designer
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 01:30:42 pm »
Simple problem to fix. Thanks for the upload. It's another macro which is checking for <=0 which needs to just check for 0 (the only error result).

Fixed for RC2