Author Topic: Diffzilla feature request to ignore certain differences  (Read 2416 times)

macjohnmcc

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Diffzilla feature request to ignore certain differences
« on: October 23, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
I recently changed all of the NULL in my project to nullptr. The older version of the product still uses NULL and I won't change that. I would love to be able to ignore certain differences when using Diffzilla. For instance tell it to ignore the differences between NULL and nullptr. This would save me lots of noise when I compare old code to newer code that has been modernized. I would like to be able to specify multiple of these and it would be even better if there could be a way to save this in a file that Diffzilla could find in the folder I specify to compare.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:29:24 PM by macjohnmcc »

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Diffzilla feature request to ignore certain differences
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »
We have a facility for this in Source Diff, but I haven't re-added it to the new diff engine.  I will try to have it there for 23.0.1.

macjohnmcc

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »
Thank you. One of the biggest reasons I don't refactor code even small things is to avoid making hotfixing changes down from new code to old code less challenging and this would help tremendously.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:32:39 PM »
Do you have SlickEdit 2017?

macjohnmcc

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
yes but I have been diligently using 2018 since the beta and prior to that I was mostly using a different (gasp!) diff tool for the last year.