Author Topic: Lost colors in auto-saved file  (Read 293 times)

davew

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 6
Lost colors in auto-saved file
« on: January 30, 2019, 06:20:29 pm »
SlickEdit crashed on me and when I started it up again, it had auto-saved a file. I saved that file and diffed it with a previous version. Then when I exited diff, I noticed that the file had no colors (black text/white background). I've tried closing SE, closing the file, removing the project and creating it again, switching color schemes ... nothing brings back the color. It is a .c file and the other .c files in the project have the proper colors.

The problem occurred with HotFix 1. I later added HotFix 3, but no luck.

SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.11 64-bit)
OS Version: 6.01.7601  Service Pack 1
Project Type: Cpp
Language: .c (Plain Text) <------- Also I noticed this, so I deleted the project and created a new one and this changed to Language: .c (C/C++), however, still no luck.
Encoding: Automatic

Hotfixes:
C:\Users\wallaced\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\23.0.0\hotfixes\hotfix_se2300_1_cumulative.zip (Revision: 1)
C:\Users\wallaced\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\23.0.0\hotfixes\hotfix_se2300_3_cumulative.zip (Revision: 3)

davew

Re: Lost colors in auto-saved file
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 06:23:59 pm »
OK, just found Document -> Select Mode and changed to C/C++ to fix this.
Anyway, not sure what happened, but there's definitely a bug in there.

davew

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 06:04:09 pm »
Wow, I thought I had fixed this file, but the problem is back. I did Document > Select Mode > C/C++ and it changed the color scheme correctly. However, when I close SE and re-open it, the file is back to plain text!

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 371
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:36 pm »
Try deleting your vrestore.slk file. It may be corrupt and SlickEdit is rewriting the same data. If that doesn't help, something else may be out of whack with your config.

davew

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 07:43:38 pm »
I always hate deleting that file since I lose a lot of settings that I have to do again, but I did.
And, unfortunately, it didn't help.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 07:55:25 pm »
Try starting SlickEdit with a new configuration directory (vs +new -sc <newconfigdir>). Verify that SlickEdit works correctly with the new configuration directory. If it doesn't work, then this is not related to any configuration item. Otherwise,  exit SlickEdit and overwrite the user.cfg.xml in <newconfigdir>/23.0.0 with the one from the directory that doesn't work. This will at least test whether this is something in your language specific settings.

I would expect this to be a configuration related issue.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 01:35:38 am »
We have reproduced the original problem. There is bug where when restoring from an autosave crash, the language mode isn't set properly. This can easily be reproduced. This will be fixed in 23.0.1 (2-3 weeks).