Author Topic: SE attaches document tab to mouse when switching from another app - MacOS  (Read 1718 times)

tim_k

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
Repro: with Slickedit open and a few document tabs showing, switch to another app. Then switch back to SE by clicking on the title of one of the document tabs (it doesn't have to be the active tab). At this point the tab will stick to the mouse, and behaves as if you were trying to move it to another tab group. This is _without_ the mouse button being held. It does this 100% of the time.

I'm not sure when this started happening, but I _think_ it was after hotfix 3.

-Tim.

SE info:
SlickEdit Pro 2018 (v23.0.0.11)

Build Date: January 24, 2019
Emulation: CUA

OS Version: 10.14.3
Processor Architecture: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 64 bit (8 cores)

Hotfixes:
...Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/23.0.0/hotfixes/hotfix_se2300_1_cumulative.zip (Revision: 1)
.../Library/Application Support/SlickEdit/23.0.0/hotfixes/hotfix_se2300_3_cumulative.zip (Revision: 3)

rajkej

• Hero Points: 14
Re: SE attaches document tab to mouse when switching from another app - MacOS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:25:06 PM »
I have the same version of se with hotfix 3 installed and the same version of mojave and do not have this problem. I wonder if it has something to do with specific settings?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:46:43 PM »
I couldn't reproduce this either on my new mac mini with Mojave.

tim_k

• Hero Points: 12
  • -Tim
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »
Hmmm.... I'm on a late 2017 MacBook Pro, not that that should really matter.

After playing with it a little more, I can see that if I click on the tab, and only move horizontally along the tab row, the tab starts to move a little, then lets go. Sometimes it moves over a whole tab space, other times it snaps back to where it came from, but it lets go of the mouse on its own. If i move vertically, the tab detaches and is stuck to the mouse until I click.

On the Linux side it doesn't happen, but I'm running over VNC, so not exactly the same scenario.

-Tim