Author Topic: Editing over SFTP, files backed up? Glitch keeps erasing....  (Read 1761 times)

scout3801

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Editing over SFTP, files backed up? Glitch keeps erasing....
« on: February 17, 2019, 09:09:26 PM »
I frequently use slickedit over SFTP to edit my files.  On SE2017(.22), I get this occasional glitch where the file on the host PC gets erased.  That's cost me hours of work, and is a problem in it's own right, but my question is, any chance there's a buffered version on my client PC?  It'd be great to not lose all of my work...

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
Re: Editing over SFTP, files backed up? Glitch keeps erasing....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »
The file should be in backup history.  First try File>Backup history for <filename>...  If that does not work:

The most recent copy will be in your backup path, under your config directory but not the version by default, vsdelta  (let me know if this does not make sense).  Under there, you will find an "ftp" directory, directories for the hosts under there, and then the whole paths.  You will see the whole filename as well as <wholefilename>.vsdelta2 and perhaps some similar files with numbers on them.  The one with the whole filename is what you're looking for.  Be sure to copy it out of there.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:08:14 PM by Dan »