Author Topic: Two questions on configuring file displays  (Read 1332 times)

timur

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Two questions on configuring file displays
« on: February 22, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »
I'm trying the 2018 trial.  I have two questions on the GUI:

1. The little filename tabs on the top of the editor window -- how do I make it more obvious that a file has been edited and needs to be saved?  In the previous version of SE that I used, the filename changed red and was very obvious.  SE2018 just adds a *.

2. In the References window, how do I get it to show the full path of every filename?  My projects have lots of files that have the same name but are in different directories, so the current display is not very helpful.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: Two questions on configuring file displays
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 11:59:48 PM »
1) Tools > Options > Appearance > Color > Application Colors > Document Tab - Modified

2) The full path is there, but because of the way columns work in the tree control, it is usually hidden.  Float the mouse over the file name and the tooltip will show the full path.  Or, just make the References tool window wider to accommodate the wide columns.  There is a grab bar between the list of references and the preview pane you can use to make the tree wider also.  I tend to prefer to configure the References tool window to use one window (Hide Preview Pane).