Author Topic: Files under git version control sometimes are shown as under Subversion in Slick  (Read 2027 times)

guth

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
Hi,

I'm editing C++ files under Git version control, but sometimes when starting Slickedit and it auto loads a file, the version control menu shows Subversion instead. I have to close and reopen Slickedit, and then, usually, it shows the file as being under Git version control.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 153
I will look into this.  SlickEdit automatically detects Git and Subversion.  There must be some problem there.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
Hi,

I'm editing C++ files under Git version control, but sometimes when starting Slickedit and it auto loads a file, the version control menu shows Subversion instead. I have to close and reopen Slickedit, and then, usually, it shows the file as being under Git version control.

Do you have Git set in the setup dialog?

guth

• Hero Points: 7
Since I switched computer at work and started out with a fresh config (I copied out only the keybindings from the old config file), I have not seen this issue. If there are no secret things in xml config file, I might be able to send you the old one. I think I have it on the old computer still. I do think that git was selected.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
Nothing secret in user.cfg.xml, if you can send it that might help.

Is there a Subversion in your path?