Author Topic: Odd location when jumping to reference....  (Read 1477 times)

schugh

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Odd location when jumping to reference....
« on: March 15, 2019, 03:42:58 PM »
Quite often for a month (maybe more) if I hit ctrl+. to jump to reference etc when slickedit goes to the reference it positions it 3 or 4 lines from the bottom instead of near the center where it used to be and where the eyes are looking for it.
Also one time a week or two ago as when it was auto-formatting the line I was editing jumped down to again to near the bottom of the screen which was jarring.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Odd location when jumping to reference....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:16:16 AM »
If slick actually goes to the wrong line you could try rebuilding your tag file.

Did anything change just before you first noticed the problem? e.g. did you install a hotfix or an upgrade, did your machine crash, did you get a new mouse or video card?  If it worked correctly for a while before it went wrong, you may be able to resolve it by deleting your vslick.sta file (with slick closed - and back it up first), then start slick. 

Does slick set the position correctly when you step through search results or go to bookmarks?

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 515
Re: Odd location when jumping to reference....
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:18:35 PM »
@schugh
If I am interpreting what you describe correctly, this may be intentional.  We do not always center on the symbol when we jump to it, if the symbol is already visible on the current page we will just move the cursor.  It does that so that the previous cursor location isn't scrolled out of view unnecessarily.  It helps to have the "draw box around current line" option enabled so that it is easier to track where the current line is.

I can't comment on the other issue you bring up with auto-formatting.  If you can isolate a reproducible case, we could look into it.