Author Topic: Delayed context tagging  (Read 81 times)

dunkers

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Delayed context tagging
« on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:54 pm »
I have a problem with context tagging which seems to have dragged on between SE versions, so perhaps it's a setting I've made (or not made) rather than an issue per se. Maybe it rings a bell with someone...

What it is is that context tagging doesn't work for the file I am editing. That is, in one file I will create a typedef struct, say, and in another file when I use that definition I don't got code completion and nothing in the preview window. I check that the background tagging is complete (from the status bar), save the edited file, etc., but generally nothing helps. Close and restart SE and it's working great.

I am not sure if this only occurs, or perhaps is worse, if I create the file during that session (file, new). Despite it being added to the project, perhaps SE doesn't recognise it as so until a restart.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 396
Re: Delayed context tagging
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 07:48:40 pm »
If you can put together a small sample to reproduce this, or a complete set of steps to reproduce it, we'll see if we can find a solution.

dunkers

• Hero Points: 27
Re: Delayed context tagging
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:36:00 pm »
Yes. Trouble is it pops up out of the blue and when I'm intentionally remembering what I'm doing it tends not to happen :)

Just wondered if it rang a bell with anyone, but I'll try and work out the definitive steps.