SlickEdit Product Discussion > SlickEdit®

Delayed context tagging

(1/7) > >>

dunkers:
I have a problem with context tagging which seems to have dragged on between SE versions, so perhaps it's a setting I've made (or not made) rather than an issue per se. Maybe it rings a bell with someone...

What it is is that context tagging doesn't work for the file I am editing. That is, in one file I will create a typedef struct, say, and in another file when I use that definition I don't got code completion and nothing in the preview window. I check that the background tagging is complete (from the status bar), save the edited file, etc., but generally nothing helps. Close and restart SE and it's working great.

I am not sure if this only occurs, or perhaps is worse, if I create the file during that session (file, new). Despite it being added to the project, perhaps SE doesn't recognise it as so until a restart.

Dennis:
If you can put together a small sample to reproduce this, or a complete set of steps to reproduce it, we'll see if we can find a solution.

dunkers:
Yes. Trouble is it pops up out of the blue and when I'm intentionally remembering what I'm doing it tends not to happen :)

Just wondered if it rang a bell with anyone, but I'll try and work out the definitive steps.

dunkers:
This is happening again in V24.0.0.8.

Earlier on SE was failing to find uint32_t and the like. I added the compiler include directory and it then took quite a while to actually resolve things, but I put it down to one of those things.

Just now I was editing a src.h file and the additions I made didn't show up in the src.c at all (the files are next to each other in a folder). I went as far as adding the folder as a compiler include directory but it made no difference. Rebuilt the workspace tag file with no change. Closed and reopened SE and it worked fine.

Is there something I can do or look at when this is happening to pinpoint the cause?

Dennis:
You can try the attached experimental hot fix.

Note, because of the nature of how the cumulative hot fixes are loaded, this fix might be kind of a one-off.  You can load it, but it might only be effective for your current session.

If it works, it will be part of the next cumulative hot fix for 24.0.0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version