Author Topic: Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?  (Read 80 times)

ehoffman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »
I know this has been asked, but I did not found any follow up on this.

Is there a way to disable version control prompt when removing a file from the project?  Or to simply choose to disable version control altogether?

I regularly do a lot of file addition/removal, in a production environment, with a big project, and each time, this ask me to remove the file from version control.

However, I'm afraid that if I choose Yes (by mistake), and do not see my mistake, then the whole dev. team get down as soon as I commit my changes (the file get deleted from SVN, which, in a real production environment, is really bad).

In the current state, SlickEdit 23 is unusable for me.

Regards,
Eric

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 294
Re: Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:05 am »
If you don't want slickedit to do any version control stuff at all you could probably go to tools -> options  - search for subversion and clear the field "subversion executable".
Alternatively you could have a look at the function _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC in project.e in the slick macros folder and change it as below. 

Code: [Select]
int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
   if ( DeletedFiles._length())
      return 0;
   // ...
}

If you don't want slickedit to do any adding or removing at all you could add the code below to a macro file of your own and load it with the load module command in the macro menu.  It will replace the existing version of this function.  You might need to reload it after you load any hotfix.

Code: [Select]
[code]int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
    return 0;
}