Author Topic: Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?  (Read 300 times)

ehoffman

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »
I know this has been asked, but I did not found any follow up on this.

Is there a way to disable version control prompt when removing a file from the project?  Or to simply choose to disable version control altogether?

I regularly do a lot of file addition/removal, in a production environment, with a big project, and each time, this ask me to remove the file from version control.

However, I'm afraid that if I choose Yes (by mistake), and do not see my mistake, then the whole dev. team get down as soon as I commit my changes (the file get deleted from SVN, which, in a real production environment, is really bad).

In the current state, SlickEdit 23 is unusable for me.

Regards,
Eric

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 300
Re: Any way to disable version coltrol prompts?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:32:05 am »
If you don't want slickedit to do any version control stuff at all you could probably go to tools -> options  - search for subversion and clear the field "subversion executable".
Alternatively you could have a look at the function _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC in project.e in the slick macros folder and change it as below. 

Code: [Select]
int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
   if ( DeletedFiles._length())
      return 0;
   // ...
}

If you don't want slickedit to do any adding or removing at all you could add the code below to a macro file of your own and load it with the load module command in the macro menu.  It will replace the existing version of this function.  You might need to reload it after you load any hotfix.

Code: [Select]
[code]int _AddAndRemoveFilesFromVC(_str (&NewFiles)[],_str (&DeletedFiles)[], _str ProjectName='')
{
    return 0;
}

ehoffman

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 03:10:10 pm »
Hello

Yes, I saw that same post in another thread about removing the executable.

The thing is that this worked in v22.  But in this v23 version, when I remove the executable, SlickEdit does not remove the link.  In fact, it looks like SE validate the path, and if it does not find a valid executable, SE leave the old path there.  And in this case, blank is a non-valid executable path, so SE just silently accept pressing 'OK', but if you go back in the dialog, you still see the path to TortoiseSVN.

I will try your macros suggestion...

Eric

Edit:  I tried your suggestions and it does not look to work.  Whatever I do, the macros I define and load does not seem to override SlickEdit macros.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:56:08 pm by ehoffman »

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 128
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 03:17:35 pm »
In v24.0 there will be an option to turn this off.

ehoffman

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 03:57:10 pm »
In v24.0 there will be an option to turn this off.

I'm glad to hear this...  I'm looking forward to this :)

Best regards,
Eric

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 128
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 04:47:37 pm »
Just so you know the new option is off by default for everybody, you will no longer see these prompts unless you turn it on.  This feature just seemed to be annoying more people that it was helping.

In a product this size, features wind up under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".