Author Topic: Word wrap without changing line numbers  (Read 1631 times)

fistfullofbeer

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Word wrap without changing line numbers
« on: May 06, 2019, 04:23:00 AM »
Hi,

Is there a way of setting the editor in a way where when a line gets over 'xx' characters it automatically wraps the view (and only the view) of the line in the editor. I do not want the line number to increase but just make the text easier to read.

I would like to implement the setting just for 'Plain text' files and played around a little bit with word wrap but was unable to achieve the result(s) I wanted.

Thanks.

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: Word wrap without changing line numbers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 02:49:03 PM »
That sounds like Soft Wrap.  You can enable it for a single file by going to the View -> Soft Wrap menu.  To enable it for a language or mode like Plain Text, the easiest thing to do is open up a plain text file,  go to the Document -> Plain Text Options menu, navigate to Word Wrap, and click on the "Enable soft wrap" checkbox on the bottom left of the dialog.

fistfullofbeer

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Word wrap without changing line numbers
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »
That sounds like Soft Wrap.  You can enable it for a single file by going to the View -> Soft Wrap menu.  To enable it for a language or mode like Plain Text, the easiest thing to do is open up a plain text file,  go to the Document -> Plain Text Options menu, navigate to Word Wrap, and click on the "Enable soft wrap" checkbox on the bottom left of the dialog.

Excellent. That works. Thanks.