Author Topic: Admin.xml AutoHotFix works inconsistently or not at all  (Read 1583 times)

jnairb

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
Admin.xml AutoHotFix works inconsistently or not at all
« on: May 29, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
I'm running SlickEdit 23.0.1.2 on Windows 10. I set the AutoHotFix setting in Admin.xml so that I eventually get hotfixes installed in each of the different config directories I use to run SlickEdit with different settings. I noticed today that I never got prompted for hotfix 4 which is in my AutoHotFix directory. (I haven't yet downloaded hotfix 6 yet.)

If I run SysInternals procmon while starting VS, I see it checking the Admin.xml, but it doesn't seem to read it, though I have seen it apparently read after I modify Admin.xml. Regardless, at the current time, when I start, I'm not seeing any search for .zip files in my AutoHotfix directory.

This is the current AutoHotFix value in my Admin.xml:

<AutoHotFix menuItem="1" prompt="1" directory="C:\Users\BrianJongekryg\SlickEdit\AutoHotfix\" />

The directory is valid and that is the location of hotfix_se2301_4_cumulative.zip.

How can I get this to consistently work?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: Admin.xml AutoHotFix works inconsistently or not at all
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:09:37 PM »
We will be looking into this.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »
The settings in Admin.xml are cached. After a hot fix is loaded the cached is being zapped and the setting from Admin.xml are never read again until it's date changes and you restart SlickEdit.

This will be fixed in the first hot fix for 23.0.2
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 07:38:38 PM by Clark »

jnairb

• Hero Points: 11
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »
OK, thanks.

From your comment, it sounds like since I just loaded 23.0.2 and updated the Admin.xml again, I should be able to expect that when I download the first 23.0.2 hot fix it should be auto-detected. Will the hot fix correctly handle things from there or will the cache have been zapped by loading that hot fix and the fix won't work until I touch Admin.xml and following hot fixes are loaded?

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 07:59:15 PM »
As long as you modified Admin.xml and then launched 23.0.2, everything should work for hot fix 1 and the hot fix after that. At least that's the idea ;D