Author Topic: Feature Request : Add Button to invert selection in list buffers window  (Read 1491 times)

stzari

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
Hi,

would it be possible to add an "invert selection" button to the list buffers window (that opens with Ctrl-Shift-B)?

Usually - when looking through code - I end up opening dozens of files, of which I only need a few to continue. Selecting only the keepers, then inverting the selection and closing the rest would save a lot of time.

Thanks.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 313
Re: Feature Request : Add Button to invert selection in list buffers window
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 11:18:16 am »
It seems like a useful idea and probably only take a few minutes to implement!

In the meantime, how about - use Ctrl A to select them all, then use ctrl click to deselect the ones you want to keep, then click close.

Alternatively, the command fileman-list-buffers will show a list of open buffers in a file manager window.  You can then select a few, write them to a file (Files -> write list), then close all files except the fileman window, de-list all in the fileman window, then read the list you just wrote, select them all, then run "repeat command" "edit %f" on the selection.  It seems to work !!

Slickedit also has commands save-named-state/ load-named-state, save-named-layout, load-named-layout and save-named-files/ load-named-files that might be useful.

In the find/ replace dialog you can right click and select a saved search expression that allows you to remember a group of files to search in.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 11:20:18 am by Graeme »

stzari

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 12:53:52 pm »
In the meantime, how about - use Ctrl A to select them all, then use ctrl click to deselect the ones you want to keep, then click close.

Thanks Graeme !
I never even thought about that solution.

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 113
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 02:31:49 pm »
I also use the Ctrl-A and ctrl-click to deselect all the time. Then I press the <DELETE> key as an alternative to clicking close (wasn't even aware of close button until this post).