Author Topic: How can i change the font of entered text in SlickEditor ?  (Read 4204 times)

bogedo

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
How can i change the font of entered text in SlickEditor ?
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:58:12 PM »
i'd like to change the font of the text displayed in SlickEdit but i cannot find any setting to accomplish this. i can only find settings to change the fonts of SlickEdit's dialogs but no setting to change the font of text i have typed in or of a file i've opened in SlickEdit. am i missing something ?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
Re: How can i change the font of entered text in SlickEditor ?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
There are two separate options for changing the source fonts, one for files opening with a SBCS/DBCS encoding, and another for files opening with a Unicode encoding.  I generally set both to the same font.

Go to the "Tools -> Options" dialog and then go to Appearance > Fonts.   Under the list labelled "Element", "Unicode Source Windows" and "SBCS/DBCS Source Windows" are the two font types you'll need to set.

bogedo

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
thank you for your help. indeed that is the setting i was looking for.

now to take it further is it possible to change the font according to file type for example when an XML is opened the font changes to Lucida Console and when a plain text file is opened the font changes to Consolas ? and if not could this possibly be added as a feature request ?

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 151
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
There's no font associated with the file type, so I'll add that as a feature request. 

bogedo

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 09:25:06 PM »
Sweet, much appreciated. Thank you for being open to implementing this feature.

bogedo

• Community Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 06:17:25 PM »
There's no font associated with the file type, so I'll add that as a feature request. 

it has taken over two years to implement but it was worth the wait. you went above and beyond what i requested you even added the option to change the minimap font too! accept my sincere thanks for adding this feature, long live SlickEdit and its staff.